Thursday, September 2, 2010

How to Make a Tonkatsu Curry


A Few Reasons why I chose this popular dish in Japan. I made tonkatsu (not curry) for three consecutive years in the annual party of the Japan Society, the LSE Nowhere was a student. It was a great success, however, life stank fat days. I have never in 16 kg batches for many years, I decided to try and do as Standard and Poor.

I did not do well, as I did for three, so I need a little more practice to reduce the quantity. I had a curry and Japanese food for many years, so I did this and that, Because the tonkatsu was often with him ". Can you have one without the other, so I wrote recipes for both parties.

If you want both the Japanese curry and tonkatsu, curry, and then make the first takes about 30 minutes. And At The Same Time, cook Japanese rice shortgrain in a pan or rice cooker. At Some Point, finely chop cabbage to serve with tonkatsu material. I begin to prepare for tonkatsu That everything is ready to be served simultaneously.

Japanese Curry Ingredients: (for 2-3)
  • 5 medium potatoes
  • 2 carrots
  • 1 onion
  • 6 or 7 mushrooms to normal size
  • 2 tablespoons Raisins
  • vegetable oil
  • Japanese curry sauce (Can you buy this in Japanese supermarkets in the blocks. There are many brands, including M and B and House, and they want range from mild, medium, medium-hot and hot. Middle Almost Warm taste of nothing and is not remotely The Same as a hot fluid, Indian curry!)
  • Japanese offer pickled vegetables (optional, but prettier)
How to make:

Peel and chop the onion. Peel and chop the carrots and potatoes into pieces (not too small, otherwise they want will of disintegrate in the cooking process).

Because I do not support the tonkatsu curry, do not add meat, but if you do it separately, Can you add chicken, pork or beef. Cut the meat into pieces to choose the Same size as the vegetables.

Over the years, I have experience with Standard and Poor 'other ingredients apples and bananas. In recent years I have been to add the mushrooms and a small handful of Raisins, curry, both of Which have even more delicious.

Heat the vegetable oil in a large saucepan, then fry the onions, carrots and potatoes Until lightly browned. If using mushrooms and Raisins, Add Them now (if you use the meat, throw it at this stage too). Add about 2 inches of water (you Can always add more later) and bring to a boil.

Turn heat to low and simmer for about 10-15 minutes, covering Almost the lid of the pot. From time to time to Ensure That nothing sticks to the base, if Necessary, add water, a little time.

I used two small blocks of curry sauce (my package Came with 10 servings, one block per serving). Curry sauce is not particularly healthy, I do not think that watching the list of ingredients, but from time to time, I have nothing to eat something.

Continue to cook over low heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, Until sauce thickens. Is ready to eat! Japanese curry tasty the next day. Just reheat in a saucepan and add water to the sauce does not stick or burn.



Tonkatsu Ingredients: (for 3)
  • 350-400g of pork tenderloin (I bought mine from the online butchers Paganum)
  • Panko bread crumbs
  • 1 egg beaten
  • Salt and pepper
  • vegetable oil
  • white cabbage, shredded - to serve
  • Bulldog tonkatsu sauce - Service

How to make:

Beat egg, add a little salt and pepper to it. Layout of the panko crumbs on a plate. It will be rich, but more than on CD, it will benefit. Cut the pork into pieces about 7 inches long. If meat is very thick, I would say it bisects the long, otherwise it will not cook in the middle.

Blot the meat with paper towels, then dip the eggs and coat liberally. Roll both sides in breadcrumbs, making sure they are on the whole surface of the meat.

Heat oil in a skillet. I used just enough to lightly coat the base you do not like the fried meat. I do not use much oil, and I do not like is sometimes too fried tonkatsu and tastes too fatty and the meat is overcooked and dry (Note, however, since it happened, I discovered it's actually less fattening than deep fry as shallow fry with it, oil is actually absorbed into the food more than the first method, which seals effectively. So, try both methods and see what you think.)

My method takes more time, as I turned the heat down so that the meat cook slowly without burning the bread crumbs. Do not keep touching the chops and bread crumbs will fall off. frying process took about 15 minutes, I would say. Breadcrumbs should be nicely browned, not burnt parts.

Remove from pan and rest on plate lined with paper towel for several minutes before cutting into thick slices. The meat should be cooked but tender and succulent. He lay in a row on a small plate, spoon sauce Bulldog, and serve with curry, rice, shredded cabbage and cucumbers. Eat hot!

I hope you enjoy doing so at home! This recipe is long, but it's not complicated.

via worldfoodieguide

No comments:

Post a Comment